Summer is quickly approaching, and for most of us, summer means pool and beach trips. Those of us with more than one child have a pretty good idea about what your tiny tot will need for a trip to the pool, but if you aren’t sure, I decided to share what’s in our pool bag.
We are a family of four, so our pool bag is this giant monogrammed Land’s End tote with a zipper top. It holds everything we need for some fun in the sun and I love it!
For our toddler, we always pack the following items:
- A snack (not pictured). We try to always bring a healthy snack for both kids no matter where we go. Dry cereal works well, as do small fruits (grapes) or veggies (carrot sticks), and things like granola bars or Belvita biscuits.
- A swimsuit, a cover up (a hooded towel will work well for a small child), and sunglasses
- A sunscreen for sensitive skin
- Swim diapers and wipes (if your toddler isn’t quite potty trained. Ours is not).
- Diaper ointment and lotion. Some kids’ skin is sensitive to chlorine, so it’s a good idea to have some lotion on hand to replenish their skin’s moisture
- Pool shoes and goggles
- Something to drink in a plastic, lidded cup
- Detangler and a hairbrush (not pictured)
I always feel the most organized and prepared for anything when I create a checklist beforehand, run down my list, and physically check it off. I decided to share that list with you as well. To download it, simply right click on the picture below, save it to your device, and then print it. For best results, do not print larger than 8X10 inches.
Enjoy your pool and beach trips this summer!